Time to lighten up and glow. First stop, the make up routine. This time of year I yearn for something fresh and bright to liven up these freezing cold days. After the hustle and bustle of the holiday season I also desire things to be easy and less fussy. These products are the ones I reach for daily to add quick polish and fresh look. Here we go, my 5 best pre-spring make up favorites!
- Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Powder– This is the top of the tops in terms of highlighter. I use it for a dash of magic on my cheekbones, under my eyebrows and in the corner of my eyes. It is just the right shade and gives a warm glow.
- Christian Dior Dior Nail Glow – There are many times I don’t have time to get a manicure. This stuff really fills in that gap. With a couple of coats it gives a french manicure feel with just two coats. The nail bed ends up with a pinky glow and the tips are whiter (even my short little nails). Easy Peasy.
- Bobbi Brown Navy and Nude Eye Palette – This is not actually a Spring 2015 palette at all but a Summer 2014 however it is perfect for this time of year. There are 7 great neutral shades and I love the darker accent color which is a matt midnight navy…really gorgeous. I end up with an easily blend able mix of neutral shades (in matts, sparkles, shimmers and metallics) which are light and bright but still have a polished feel. The navy shade especially makes the look feel new. The navy can also be used with a wet brush as an eyeliner.
- Beauty Blender Sponge – Easily this could be on the top of every list of make up must haves. I don’t know what the technology is behind this little pink beauty but I love the results. This is used to dab on concealer and/or foundation and for general blending. I use it (moistened) to dab on my concealer. It sort of mimics the texture of my skin and the concealer blends so well. No harsh lines at all.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Memento – This Lip Tar is a sensational glow-y (without shimmer) warm pinky peach neutral color. It dries to a matt texture which I sometimes add a swipe of clear or light pink gloss to add shine. These lip tars come in a small tube and are applied with a little brush and the color stays and stays. Hence the Tar name….more like a neutral lip stain.