As a follow up to last week’s Wicked White Cherry Martini let me introduce it’s bright red cousin the Bing Cherry Martini. The ingredients may be the same but the taste is not. This Cherry Martini has a deeper cherry flavor and instead of clear is bright red. Very festive indeed. The only think which varies is the technique. The white version is assembled and served all together. With the red version the cherries are marinated first bringing more of that cherry flavor (and vibrant red color) into the cocktail.
- 1.5 oz. Simple Syrup
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 6 Cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 6 oz. Black Cherry Vodka (I use Effen)
- Place half the sliced cherries in a mason jar with simple syrup and lime juice. Cover and shake gently. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- Put ice and cold water in 2 martini glasses to chill.
- In a cocktail shaker combine contents of mason jar, black cherry vodka and ice.
- Shake, shake, shake until super cold.
- Dump out ice water from martini glasses.
- Strain cocktail into glasses, garnish with remaining cherries.
I use Effen vodka, cool bottle don’t you think? I have also tried their salted caramel vodka (as delicious as it sounds) but still want to try the raspberry and the cucumber. Just for the record I have no affiliation with Effen, just like the products!