I love good old fashioned 4th of July fun. Family, grilled food, fireworks and a red, white and blue color scheme make this one of my favorite holidays. I know, I say that all the time. I think I am in love with whatever holiday is next. Celebrating pretty much anything is what I really love and yesterday that was the 4th of July!
The menu was full on traditional, grilled flank steak, BBQ chicken, corn on the bob, warm potato salad with bacon and deviled eggs. For dessert we had double dipped strawberries and red velvet cupcakes filled with cream cheese frosting.
The warm potato salad is a favorite side dish around here especially with anything grilled. It can certainly be chilled as other traditional potato salads but serving it warm is the way we like it the best. Creamy with the crunch of bacon and a fresh burst of green onion. Delish!
- 2 LBS. New Potatoes, cut in half
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Add the sliced potatoes to a saucepan and cover with water. Add salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 12-14 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain well.
- In a serving bowl mix sour cream and mayonnaise. Fold in potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- If serving cold cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours or until chilled.
- When ready to serve fold in scallions (reserving some for garnish).
- Garnish with bacon and reserved scallions.
I thought I would whip up a batch of the Pinterest favorite double dipped strawberries. Fast, easy and quite tasty these little goodies are the newest addition to holiday menus around here. I barely had a chance to even take a photo of them before they were gobbled up!
I hope your 4th of July was filled with family, food and fun!