Here it is. Chocolaty. Smooth. Creamy. Delicious. And it isn’t even Friday. Normally I do a special cocktail on a Friday evening to wrap up the week and welcome the weekend. This week I decided that perhaps I would change it up a bit and do a special Wednesday cocktail instead. Who wouldn’t appreciate a little something special on “hump day”? Chocolate martinis are one of my favorites in the winter but seem a bit heavy in the heat of summer. This Godiva white chocolate martini is a lighter version but still packs a chocolaty punch. Chocolaty and decadent this martini is as smooth as it gets.
- 3 oz. white chocolate white creme de cacao
- 2 oz vanilla vodka
- 1 oz Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 oz. heavy (or whipping) cream
- A chocolate bar (shave 2 TBLS. shavings) or strawberry for garnish
- Place ice and cold water in a martini glass
- In a cocktail shaker mix all the ingredients except chocolate shavings or strawberry
- Add ice
- Shake until very cold
- Pour the ice/water combination out of the martini glass
- Strain into prepared martini glass
- garnish with chocolate shavings or strawberry
I am sure you have noticed this fun martini glass. This is a Lolita Martini Glass (Chocolatini). Talk about party in a glass! I am pretty sure you could drink water out of them and it would taste festive. I have several of these Lolita martini glasses. I especially like the Valentine’s Day and Halloween versions.
I garnished this with chocolate shavings but this cocktail is even better with a fresh strawberry perched atop the rim of the glass. Darn. I wish I had stopped at the store this afternoon! Cheers and Happy Wednesday!