It’s cold and dreary and we are all fed up with freezing weather and piles and piles of snow. I wanted to come up with a special something to drive these mid-winter blahs. So as an suprise afternoon snack I made these Chocolate Mug Cakes. Individual little treats perfect for one. And what makes them even better is that they are done in 3 minutes…in the microwave. I use Pernigotti Cocoa for this. I love that deep chocolate flavor! I used to be available at Williams-Sonoma but I don’t think it is any more. I found it here (the packaging isn’t that exciting but the cocoa inside is divine!
An amazing way to serve this is to top with a small scoop of ice cream. Mmmmm. The winter blues are vanishing before my eyes!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder*
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts
- Mix dry ingredients in a microwave safe mug.
- Add egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in milk and oil, mix.
- Add chocolate chips and/or nuts.
- Place mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug...don't worry!
- Allow to cool a bit and either eat out of the mug (for one) or turn out onto a plate to serve two.