We love St. Patrick’s Day around here…after all, we live in Chicago where the river is dyed green each March 17th. It won’t be long before the green day is upon us and the boys can’t wait. They look forward to all the shenanagins assoicated with this mischief filled holiday. And me? I just love anything that involves the promise of gold and these St. Patrick’s Day Mini Pots O’ Gold certainly fill that bill!
I like to make these little pots o’ gold as we turn the calendar from February to March.
- Small terra-cotta flower pots (I used 5″ pots without saucers)
- Black paint (you can use craft paint although the posts soak up lots of it, I prefer paint made just for porous materials
- Foam brush
- Pack of multi colored pipe cleaners
- Green Easter grass (saw it at Target already)
- Package of Rolos chocolates (or gold wrapped Hershey’s kisses)
I think you can see from the photo how to proceed…but I’ll tell you anyway!
- Paint little flower pots black, let dry
- Stuff Easter grass inside
- Bend rainbow pipe cleaners into a U shape and insert into pot
- Fill with the leftover Rolos you didn’t eat while waiting for the paint to dry*
*I buy two bags just in case there aren’t enough left after my snack to fill the little pots.